“Take Up Space”
“In a world dominated by stereotypes, rules that we must conform to, our voices are bounded by society’s demands of ‘must do’s’ and ‘should nots’. ‘Take up space’ showcases a range of work that encourages a resistance against conforming to society’s expectations of gender roles and identity. We are worthy of taking a stand and to demand for our voices to be heard.
We’re welcoming Goldsmiths students from all departments to apply and have a chance to be a part of this opportunity. Be it a performative piece, a comic or an artwork, show it to us and take up your space in this exhibition! Applications are open until 6th of February, apply now by emailing us at goldsmithsvcs[@]gmail.com with your work and a max. 100 word description. Work needs to be available from 13th-16th February.”
(Poster designed by Sechele Mtitimila)
Digital Portfolios for Design
7 February, 13:00-14:00
The Hexagon, Lockwood Building
Designing your own digital portfolio can be a daunting task. What should it look like? How do you select what to include? How can I stand out from the crowd? Whether you have just started thinking about it or already have a draft document or site, this session will support you in developing your ideas and getting some feedback on what works. By the end of the session you will:
- Review what makes a successful digital portfolio
- Understand the purpose of a digital portfolio
- Review what to include and how
- Start or work on a draft
- Share useful resources
No need to book, just turn up! See you there. Send any queries to Karen Deadfield in Careers, k.deadfield[a]gold.ac.uk.
Are you a Goldsmiths student, graduate or member of staff whose work includes moving image? You can apply by 19 January 2018 to have your film screened at the annual Gold on Film festival (9-15 March), taking place at Goldsmiths’ Curzon cinema. More information and an application form can be found on the Goldsmiths website.
The Students’ Union at Goldsmiths is looking for a Design Intern; the role will last for six weeks in July-August. Applications close on 23 July 2017.
More details about the role and how to apply can be found on CareerSPACE. (accessible to Goldsmiths students, login required).
1. To design printed and digital artwork
2. Coordinate the production and delivery of design materials
3. Develop original concepts and ideas to inform and engage new students
- To design printed artwork, digital artwork and visual identities
- Responsible for designing Students’ Union publicity materials, including booklets, flyers, posters, and promotional materials.
- Responsible for designing Students’ Union digital artwork, including infographics and web and social media assets.
- Working with staff across the organisation to take design concepts through to production.
- Help to manage library of Union publications, articles, images, and audio-visual digital material.