Theme: Recycled Textiles and Sustainable Design
This requires three teams of students from the Design Department at Goldsmiths, who will compete to dress the Knitting and Stitching (known as K&S letters). The K&S Letters are 1.5m(h) x 1.2m(w) and located onsite at the Knitting and Stitching Show 2019.
The Knitting & Stitching Show will take place at Alexander Palace on 10th-13th October 2019.
The competition will take place on Wednesday 9th October 2019. The teams will have up to 7 hours time (10.00am – 5.00pm) to dress/decorate the letters.
The letters will be judged by K&S’ team of judges. (The names of the judges will be confirmed shortly). The winners will be announced at the end of the show.
- The students must be in teams of 2-3 and submit their drawings/design ideas for each letter by Monday 30th September 2019, 5.00pm. This should be A3 OR A4 IN PDF FORMAT
- Please submit entries to chloe.Georgiou@upperstreetevents.co.uk.
- The teams will be required to be available all day on Wednesday 9th October 2019 for the competition.
- Students will need to make use of recycled textiles/and related textiles/haberdashery components and will need to bring their own materials.
- Students will be allowed to pre-prepare any materials in advance if they wish to do so.
- The winners will win a 6sqm stand for The Stitch Festival which takes place at the Business Design Centre in Islington from 27th February 2020 to 1st March 2020. The prize includes basic lighting and furniture.
- The letters will also be showcased at the Harrogate Knitting & Stitching Show 2019 (28th Nov – 1st Dec 2019)
- Every competition entrant will get 2 free tickets each to the Knitting & Stitching Show at Alexander Palace and recognition on signage associated with the letters.
The letters will be located in Palm Court foyer (main entrance to Alexandra Palace) and will be placed on a plinth.
The Knitting & Stitching Show at Alexandra Palace welcomes over 28,000 textile enthusiasts every year. The show offers 250+ workshops taught by leading craft experts, a dedicated Dressmaking Studio, The Creative Living Theatre offering daily demos, drop-in knitting and crochet sessions, a series of textile art exhibitions in The Galleries, plus over 300 exhibitors from all corners of the world.