Planet P8 and Broad Digital are calling for artists to apply for their summer residency program under the theme “The Invisible Sounds”. They are looking to recruit 3-4 artists able to stay and work at PLAN8T on site in China as well as 3-4 artists living outside of China who will participate remotely.
The program is for artists who use sound as an object and material for their
artistic practice to communicate, give voice to the ground, to create, experiment and interact; sound should be used as material or subject matter in the creation of art.
Please send the following documents by email by 12 July 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “2021SUMMER_P8AIR” and indicate in the body of the email whether you wish to participate on-site or remotely:
- Portfolio (Please send a pdf file containing images and text of the artwork;
- if the work is recorded as video or audio, please put all online links in a pdf
- file or compress the files into a folder)
- Introduction to the artist and a description of the artwork
- Artist CV
- Portrait photo of the artist
- A 500-word creative plan for the residency (describing the motivation for
More information is available in the brochure linked below, and on the Plan8t AIR website.