- Graduate Ash Baigent (BA Design 2018) teaches you how to handmake your own skateboard from scratch in this video.
- PhD alumna Danah Abdulla wrote “Against Performative Positivity” in Futuress Magazine.
- BA Design graduate Miki Chiu talks about working in innovation design, in this Creative Lives in Progress interview.
- Alumna Alaa Alsaraji (BA Design 2016) is amongst the winners of SPACE Artist Awards, bursaries awarded to talented visual artists who are under-represented in the art world.
Alumna Bethany Rigby (BA Design 2017) talks about “Outer Hebrides // Outer Space”, her project that explores the islands’ astronomical significance, in episode five of the An Lanntair podcast Dark Skies: Campfire Conversations.
- “Modular Habitats” by Design graduate Lauren Davies is part of the online gallery “Design in an age of crisis” at the London Design Biennale.
- Featured on Short of the Week: “The Retreat”, a film produced by alumnus Jordi Morera (BA Design 2013).
- A ‘modular opera’ produced during the Covid-19 lockdown by alumnus Haroon Mirza (MA Design Critical Practice 2006), “Ikon year zero”, can be watched for free via Ikon Gallery and YouTube until February 14th.
- Isabella Jones (BA Design 2020) talked about being a carer for her grandmother in The Sun. Isabella’s graduation project was a creative take on memory loss.
- Listen to MA Design Expanded Practice graduate Lisa George talking about ‘Cornrows and Headwraps’, a project using a hand made braiding tool to collect stories of Afro-Caribbean hair practices.
Alumni-founded studio Sibley Grove won The Eco Award at the Hotel Designs Brit List Awards 2020.
- Mapping Sanctuaries, an exhibition of work by Alaa Alsaraji (BA Design 2016) is on at P21 Gallery in London from 29 October to 14 November 2020. The show is a collection of digital illustrations and sound pieces exploring the notions of safety and the spaces that exist between isolation and belonging within Muslim communities.
- The Dovetail Joints Virtual Gallery is now hosting an online exhibition by SWM Collective, which includes Megan Watson (BA Design 2020).
- Linnea Strid (BA Design 2013) talks about her journey wanting to be an artist and becoming a designer instead, in this Spotify podcast.
- Alumnus and former Goldsmiths Design researcher Dave Cameron is quoted in this It’s Nice That piece on technology for working from home.
- “Home Is”, a documentary directed by David Jack Fenton (BA Design 2017) was streamed live, followed by a Q&A with David and Neena Patel, chair of the Barnet Asian Women’s Association, on 17 October.
- On The Double Negative website, Goldsmiths Design lecturer Nicholas Mortimer is interviewed by Yin Ying Kong (BA Design 2018).
When: 12 November, 18:00 and 14 November, 11:00
Join Goldsmiths Design researchers, lecturers & alumni Daniella Zlotogoura, Lili Golmohammadi, and Becca Rose Glowacki for an online workshop exploring the idea of curating a shared home museum collection. You are invited to choose an object from your home to share in this workshop.
With many having recently spent more time than ever at home, we explore the objects we find ourselves most drawn to. How do these objects live alongside us? And how might they connect to each other?
The workshop is open to anyone who is interested in being creative – no prior training in design or art required.