- Graduate Ash Baigent (BA Design 2018) teaches you how to handmake your own skateboard from scratch in this video.
- PhD alumna Danah Abdulla wrote “Against Performative Positivity” in Futuress Magazine.
- BA Design graduate Miki Chiu talks about working in innovation design, in this Creative Lives in Progress interview.
- Alumna Alaa Alsaraji (BA Design 2016) is amongst the winners of SPACE Artist Awards, bursaries awarded to talented visual artists who are under-represented in the art world.
Alumna Bethany Rigby (BA Design 2017) talks about “Outer Hebrides // Outer Space”, her project that explores the islands’ astronomical significance, in episode five of the An Lanntair podcast Dark Skies: Campfire Conversations.
Music charity Lewisham Music is inviting applications for two creative briefs:
- An opportunity for an artist (or artist collective) to design and deliver a permanent public artwork that will occupy a prominent position at the heart of the Grade II listed building ‘The Fellowship & Star’.
- They are also looking for a dynamic, community-focused individual filmmaker or media organisation to film, produce and edit a series of films to support the online launch event of our new premises.
Both opportunities are open for applications until Friday, 26 February.
The Catapult is supporting the Kickstart scheme, to provide young people with practical work experience to help them start their career journey.
Design Thinker placement- part time
Duration: 6 months
This placement is for 16-24 year olds who are currently claiming universal credit. Only applications from candidates who have applied via their DWP Work coach are accepted. More information on how to apply on the Catapult Careers website.
Rose Sinclair will be one of designers and researchers featured in “Craftivism: Making a difference”, a programme due to be aired on BBC Four on Monday 1 February 2021 at 10 pm (afterwards, it will be available on iPlayer). The host of the programme is comedian Jenny Éclair.
Rose will be talking about Dorcas Clubs, her Caribbean Front Room installations, and Black women and crafting.